Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Paper Maniac is celebrating Earth Day this week!


Hello! Today I have some scrapling cards for you!  I love to make bunches of scraplings at once.  They are so nice to have around to tie to gift bags or add to the top of a gift or package.  For those of you who do not what a scrapling is, it is just that...your scraps.  A lot of time when I am making 4.25 x 4.25 square cards, I use the excess paper to make two scrapling cards.
I thought using our scraps would go along with the Earth Day theme this week at Paper Maniac.  I also have been dying to use this cuter than cute Jillibean Soup DP!  LOVE those bird houses, and they were perfect with the bird sentiments from Unity's Feb. retail kit.

I cut up some of the scrap burlap string and glued it to the hole in the birdhouse to look like nesting materials. Hope you give some scraplings a try.  They really can be any size you want.  Just another way to use up those tiny scraps, and who doesn't like a tiny little card?

Emily

5 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

brilliant idea.. I hv that paper too.... so brilliant.. love these Emily! great idea!! May hv to do something similar, u've inspired me! hugs xo

StampinCathy said...

OMGOSH! These scrapling cards are so cute. The images are just perfect for these and I just love the colors you used too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Bekah said...

very cute, emily!

kssdesigns said...

These are awesome! I love, love, love your use of yarn for the nests!

Crystal said...

WOW Emily fabulous way to use scraps....AWESOME designs!!!